Sunday, February 15, 2015

GROW YOUR BLOG winner!!

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday morning in Northeast Ohio -- but it's so cold that my church cancelled the morning services?!? 
 
I taught an all day Hexie Lovers Workshop yesterday at the Lake Metroparks Farmpark -- it's a great classroom with a long wall of windows -- but having that extensive view was a bit worrisome as it snowed quite hard for much of the day.  So we worried off and on about the drive home at the end of the afternoon. 
 
It finally cleared off mid-afternoon and so by the time we left at 4:30, the roads were okay. 
Everyone left happy with lots of new ideas and confidence about working with hexagons!!
 
This morning the thermometers have dipped below 0 F.  Once I get my teaching supplies put away, the plan for the rest of the day calls for lots of stitching, lots of tea, and keeping the bird feeders full, period!!
 
The quiz question on my post at the start of the Grow Your Blog Hop was how many 6-pointed stars do you see in this quilt.  The responses were all over the place from 5 to 22.  I created 5 stars purposely -- but I wonder if those who saw more have a more open creative brain. 
 
The stars I inserted include a brown one at the top edge; a brown and green one on the right end of the "second" row; the very obvious one in the center "third" row; a more subtle one towards the left end of the "fourth" row; and the reddish one floating off by itself on the right end of the "fifth" row.

My random generator chose #4 and that is Helen at Till We Quilt Again.  (E-mail me at maryhueyquilts@hotmail.com with your mailing address, Helen and I'll get a copy of my DVD, Set-In Piecing Simplified into the mail for you.) 
 
And as a thank you to all those who visited my blog over the past 3 weeks and anyone else who is smart enough to take advantage, I'm offering a special price of $11.95 (which includes USA shipping -- international shipping is slightly more) on the DVD through 2/28/2015. 
 
If you already own the DVD or have taken one of my workshops, I'd love to hear in the comments below about your experiences with set-in piecing -- of course, I hope they are good, but as always if you are experiencing frustrations, I encourage you to contact me at maryhueyquilts@hotmail.com with your questions and let me help you!!
 
Off to the studio!!
Mary Huey
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I have your DVD and chain piecing : just WOW ! So fast and fun ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the DVD and I was able to follow along very easily. It is a great resource for anyone not able to attend your classes! Now to find some time to put my hexie blocks together.... Keep warm, Mary!

    ReplyDelete