Monday, October 3, 2016

SMITTEN is Finished!!!

What a delight in the midst of a busy teaching schedule to finish a quilt!!
The laundry was hung out so I can repack for the next leg of my schedule.
The sun was shining on a pleasant fall morning
and so I adjourned to the circle of chairs for an hour of hand stitching to put the final stitches in the binding! 
My main squeeze, Willie, showed up to supervise and enjoy my company in his domain. 
It's so relaxing to just hang out together!
A first look at the finished quilt, spread out on the grass 
demanded closer inspection before final approval could be granted! 
"Nice job, Mary!" 
The blocks that feature some vintage textiles are my favorites -- Instagram inspiration from @treehousetextiles!!
I think the pink pearl cotton big stitch quilting is perfect! 
I hung it on the clothesline for some beauty shots but the sun was so bright it washed out much of the color. 
So I moved it to the side of the "cowshed" -- right profile. 
Sexy pic?! 
Straight on -- the breeze kept moving the bottom edge and I hope it's straighter than it looks here!! 
This is my fourth finish from my list of six goals for the third quarter of the 2016 Finish Along!!
And it's one of the teaching samples for my new Six-Pointed Sampler Workshops!

Next??
 
Linking up to the third quarter 2016 Finish Along party HERE!!

Mary Huey



15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish, what a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. It's a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful quilt Mary and your backyard looks like the neatest place to sit and stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely stunning! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm swooning! But maybe I should be smitten. I'll have to go back to your earlier posts about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful!! Well done on the finish and the gorgeous photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to be working well through your list. Love how you have added those vintage textiles. If your cat says it is approved then so do I! Congratulations on the finish and thanks for linking up to the FAL quarter three on behalf of your team of hosts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. It makes me want to pull out all my pink floral fabrics and start sewing in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful, beautiful quilt. Just wish I lived closer so I could attend the class and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation.
    The quilt looks amazing.
    Best Wishes, Manuela from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's absolutely beautiful!! And so inspiring, too, I must add. You're nudging me closer and closer to starting a hexie project...

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely quilt! And wonderful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smitten is a perfect name; it's loverly!! Best of Luck @ the Quilt show! It's a ribbon winner in my book already! Cheers from Massachusetts, Cathy vJ

    ReplyDelete